Sunday, May 23, 2010

Coraline Shirley

After months of anticipation, Coraline Shirley is finally here! The day could not have gone any better! We were so worried that it was not going to work out to have the nurse at the house and John in the delivery room, but it was the perfect day! I checked in at 7am, started the meds to start my labor at 9am right after John got to the hospital. I was 3 cm at this point. At 10:30 I was 5 cm, 10:50 I jumped to 10 cm! I had to hold back pushing until the doctor got to the hospital, a few pushes later Coraline came out! Of course I had medication for pain or I am sure I would not be saying it was so easy! I have no problems sharing my weaknesses and I do not like pain! Coraline Shirley was born May 21st at 11:42am. 7lbs 13 oz, 20 inches long. She is a beautiful perfect baby just like her brother and sister are my perfect little sweeties. We are home now, time to see who is louder in the middle of the night, Coraline or Oliver?!

We picked the name because we liked it. There is a children's movie that came out last year and that is where we heard it--we still have to see it, though. Shirley came from my mom. So far we think Coraline is a good mix of Adina and Oliver. Adina is taking good care of "her new baby." Oliver so far is doing well with the change.











More pictures to come!

2 comments:

Martha said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Such great photos! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to meet your new bundle of joy in person very soon!

Mary said...

What a precious little girl and darling family! I look forward to meeting my new great-niece, Coraline. Hopefully it will be sooner than later.
Love,
Mary