Monday, February 2, 2009

Celebration Day!

So after lots of bad news and bad days it's time to post some good stuff. Hopefully the computer lets me post pictures before it shuts down on me. Yesterday, Adina said "Mommy I have to pee!!!" I was not really expecting much because we play this game a lot but nothing comes. I gave her some juice to try and make her go, but nothing. Ten minutes later she said she again had to go. Okay... here we go again. Then she said, "Mommy look!!!" We had pee!!!!!! We did a big potty cheer for her and yes, there is a picture =) She did not want to try again today and that's okay, but we had a start. I found out today that I will be doing my fourth semester preceptorship for nursing school at Minneapolis Children's. I am so excited to be going there for school and not Oliver! Scroll down to the bottom and you will see a video, it looks very dark, don't worry your computer is working. We got Oliver a new night light soother for his crib and he sings with it. I checked later and he had his hand on it, feeling what it was!!! I yelled for John to see. It was so amazing!!! Some of you have been asking if Oliver is sitting yet, or eating, or this and that and our answer is always not yet, but to us, what he did tonight by putting his hand on that light was just as celebrated as sitting or eating!! Yay Oliver!!! We don't know how much of the soother he can see, but we know he can see the light and hear the music! Enjoy the random pictures and the video!!

4 comments:

Kristin, Matthew, Linnea, Sonja & Mira said...

Yay for Oliver! I'm so happy to hear the good news about both your kids. Miss you guys!

gracia said...

Hey Taryn,
Let me know which department you will be at in Children's. I have a few nurse friends there.

Mary said...

Thank you for the blog and pictures! How encouraging! That is really special about Oliver and the light and the music. And, Adina is getting to be a big girl!
Love you.

Klawiters said...

Thanks everybody! I am not sure yet but I think I will be on the 6the floor Gracia. I don't have all of the details yet but I will let you know!