Sunday, March 27, 2011

Home

Oliver came home yesterday afternoon. It took a few nurses to get everything lined up for us to go home and the hospice nurse had everything ready for a smooth transition home. It has been a crazy 24 hours. Our nurses are not trained in on IV until they have their class tomorrow and Oli needed IV meds every hour last night so I was up a lot. The last two days in the hospital the nurses put Oli in a regular bed instead of crib so we could lay with Oli and snuggle him up! After a few hours of that I called John and told him to go and buy Oli a new bed because I was moving into his room. I now sleep with Oli and I study his sweet little face. I try to memorize every little detial about his face. Since he needed so much morphine last night they nurse came today and we started Oli on a 24 hour Morphine pump. Tomorrow we will have a physician come to the house to evaluate. The nurse is very concerned about how Oli is breathing so we need to get him checked. John and I take turns having our moments. I went to Target today and started to cry just thinking about all of the trips I have made there for Oli's meds. It just comes at random times. I guess it is anticipatory greif. Adina loves to lay next to Oliver and sings him lullabies. Tonight she asked our nurse why Oli has to sleep so much and wonders when we will wake him up. I keep hoping and praying that Oli will just pop out of this. This all just sucks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is truly amazing that you have the faith, strength and courage to share the ordeal your family is going through with all of us. Thank you for welcoming us into your home and your hearts. It is so touching that Adina is singing to Oli; music can help us convey our love and thoughts on a whole different level. We love you all and are thinking about and praying for you every day. Adina, Oli and Cora are so fortunate to have such AMAZING parents! The love you give to your family is immeasurable!!!

Ken, Lori, Emily and Aaron